This contest has ended. Thank you all for participating, and congratulations to our winners:
Tan Yen Hui
Muhammad Zaid Aswan bin Shaharudin
Liew Pooi Yin
Go Kwan Foo
Noor Asnida Sulaiman
Yoong Meng Keat
Yeap Tsuey Fenq
Nicki Minaj knows how female rappers electrify fans, after all she use to be a fan herself. “I know I was always excited by whatever female was hot at the time,” Nicki Minaj says.
Today, millions of music fans are now saying the same thing about Nicki Minaj – part comic, part sex symbol and all-the-way lyrical assassin. She has everyone talking about her fiery verse on Kanye West’s “Monster” which also features Jay-Z and her infectious, standout appearances alongside Lil Wayne (“Knockout”), Usher (“Lil Freak”), Trey Songz (“Bottoms Up”), Robin Thicke (“Shakin’ It 4 Daddy,”), Sean Kingston (“Letting Go”), Christina Aguilera (“WooHoo”) and as a member of Young Money among many others, have catapulted the Queens, New York entertainer to the forefront of the music industry.
Her second studio album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, features the hit singles “Starships,” “Right By My Side”, and “Beez in the Trap.” It topped a few major charts including the US Billboard 200, UK Albums Chart, US Top Rap Albums, US R&B Albums Chart, amongst others.
Born in Trinidad and raised in Queens, New York, Nicki Minaj literally had to deal with life-threatening attacks during her childhood. Her father was in the borough’s drug scene. He would have violent outbursts, punch holes in walls. Her mother would leave him, only to return, after re-locating the family multiple times and routinely putting Nicki in an almost untenable position. “It was just really, really volatile and it made me kind of have a lot of anger issues because I wanted to be able to stop it, to be able to protect my family, but unfortunately I was just a child and I couldn’t do anything,” she says. “That always bothered me.”
But Nicki was able to draw strength from her chaotic home life. “It gave me this undying drive,” she explains. “Out of everyone that wanted success, I always felt like I wanted it more because my reason for wanting this was never about money or fame. It was always that, since I was five years old, I would pray and ask God to make me a successful entertainer so I could help my mother. I felt like if I got money, then I could take care of her and if she was taken care of, then maybe she wouldn’t go back to my father. That was always my rationale since I was little. It made me just go above and beyond.”
The young star has since achieved an enviable career in music, winning Female Artist of the Year award at the 2008 Underground Music Awards, Best New Artist and Female Hip-Hop Artist at the 2010 BET Awards; and Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist at the 2011 AMAs.
Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded is set to carry her to greater heights in 2012. The album is now available in all good music stores and online retailers.
Terms and conditions:
- Contest ends 10 June 2012.
- Only one (1) submission from each contestant will be entertained.
- Contestants are to include their personal particulars including their name, I.C./Passport number, address, email, and contact number in their contest entry.
- Contest is open to Malaysian residents only.
- Yes World reserves the right to amend the contest rules, terms and conditions or terminate the contest at its sole and absolute discretion.
- Any incomplete submissions received will be rendered null and void.
- Contest winners will be selected by a panel of Yes World editors.
- All the decisions made by the panel are final.
- All winners will be notified by SMS and email, through the contact details provided in their entry. Winners will have to bring their I.C./Passport with them when collecting their prizes.
- Prizes may not be exchanged for cash and are not transferable to another person and/or party.
- Yes World reserves the right to use contestant particulars, entries and pictures for promotional purposes.
- All personal details obtained are meant for identification purposes and will not be sold or given to any third parties.
- By taking part in the contest, contestants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.