This contest has ended. Thank you all for participating. Congratulations to our winners:
Ng Boon Teong
Lim Ying Sing
Kim Toh Yau
Ng Kai Xin
Tabitha Rebecca Long
Muhammad Zafirul Hakim Bin Nordin
Mohd Asri Bin Syahrol
Terng Xiang Yue
Chin Je Mein
Living Things is the fifth studio album from Linkin Park and is set for release on the 26th June 2012. The album is the follow up to A Thousand Suns which saw a release in September 2010, making this the shortest turnaround time for a Linkin Park album ever. The album is once again co-produced by Mike Shinoda and Rick Rubin who also shared the responsibilities on their previous two albums, Minutes To Midnight (2007) and A Thousand Suns (2010).
The album was officially announced on April 16th, 2012 to coincide with the release of the album’s debut single “Burn It Down”. The album artwork, track list and pre-order details were all posted in succession of each other making it the first time Linkin Park have co-released the debut single along with it’s respective album details.
The title Living Things was first discovered via a series of puzzles leading up to the “Burn It Down” single release. The title of the album has been described by Mike Shinoda as a comment on the personal issues the album deals with: “We chose the album title ‘Living Things’ because it’s more of a record about people. It’s more about personal interactions. On the last few records we’ve had an interest in global issues and social issues and those things are still around, there are certainly traces of them, but this record is far more personal.”
Mike Shinoda has described Living Things as a “firecracker” record filled with quick stand-out tracks stating that Living Things is “not a concept record. It’s a song based record”. The band have also touted Living Things as a foundation of all of the band’s previous work, a collective use of all of the “tools in their toolbox” which allowed the band to be “comfortable in their skin” for the first time, by embracing both the past and present of Linkin Park.
To win a copy of Living Things, simply answer the question and slogan in the form to the right. Contest ends 29 July 2012.
The album will contain 12 tracks and is as follows:
1. Lost In The Echo
2. In My Remains
3. Burn It Down
4. Lies Greed Misery
5. I’ll be Gone
6. Castle of Glass
8. Roads Untraveled
9. Skin to Bone
10. Until It Breaks
Terms and conditions:
- Only one (1) submission from each contestant will be entertained.
- Contestants are to include their personal particulars including their name, I.C./Passport number, address, email, and contact number in their contest entry.
- Contest is open to Malaysian residents only.
- Yes World reserves the right to amend the contest rules, terms and conditions or terminate the contest at its sole and absolute discretion.
- Any incomplete submissions received will be rendered null and void.
- Contest winners will be selected by a panel of Yes World editors.
- All the decisions made by the panel are final.
- All winners will be notified by SMS and email, through the contact details provided in their entry. Winners will have to bring their I.C./Passport with them when collecting their prizes.
- Prizes may not be exchanged for cash and are not transferable to another person and/or party.
- Yes World reserves the right to use contestant particulars, entries and pictures for promotional purposes.
- All personal details obtained are meant for identification purposes and will not be sold or given to any third parties.
- By taking part in the contest, contestants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.