This contest has ended. Thank you all for participating. Congratulations to our winner:
Marwan Mohd Shahabudin
“We do what we love, there’s nothing to upstage, and we’ll continue to bring lots of energy and freedom to the show”, said Bert McCracken during a Skype conference call in Kuala Lumpur recently.
With less than three days to The Used’s concert in KL Live, Kuala Lumpur on 19th May 2013, McCracken was visibly pumped up despite still being thousands of kilometers away. “We miss the food the most”, he said, reminiscing the good times when the band last visited our shores, “We just love Malaysia, the people there, treat us like family, so of course we’re looking forward to performing again in KL”.
The band is currently working on a new album, rumoured to be scheduled for launch in January 2014, but any attempts at prying more information about the album hit a cul-de-sac as McCracken nonchalantly dismisses any questions, “It’s a secret, so… we won’t be answering any questions about it!” he smirked when fronted with the question.
The new album – coming hot off the heels of ‘Vulnerable’, released in 2012 - will be The Used’s sixth studio album following their self-titled debut album (2002), ‘In Love and Death’ (2004), ‘Lies for the Liars’ (2007), and ‘Artwork’ (2009).
Malaysian acts Busco, Oh Chentaku, Scarlet Heroes and Caraval who will open the night for The Used were also busy fielding questions from the media, with all of them unanimously stating that they’re looking forward to the task of warming up the crowed before handing it over to The Used. ”There’s no denying it, they’re our idols, and they influence our music a lot. So being given the chance to open the concert and warm the crowd for them is certainly a privilege and we look forward to the challenge of warming up the crowd”.
Managed by Pacman in association with Skesh Entertainment, The Used ‘Live in Kuala Lumpur’ promises to be a night of unlimited riffs, non-stop energy, and rock!
Be there at The Used ‘Live in Kuala Lumpur’ in person. Simply answer the question and slogan in the form to the right to be in the running to win a pair of passes. Contest closes 17th May 2013.
Date: 19th May 2013
Venue: KL Live
Terms and conditions:
- Only one (1) submission from each contestant will be entertained.
- Contestants are to include their personal particulars including their name, I.C./Passport number, address, email, and contact number in their contest entry.
- Contest is open to Malaysian residents only.
- Yes World reserves the right to amend the contest rules, terms and conditions or terminate the contest at its sole and absolute discretion.
- Any incomplete submissions received will be rendered null and void.
- Contest winners will be selected by a panel of Yes World editors.
- All the decisions made by the panel are final.
- All winners will be notified by SMS and email, through the contact details provided in their entry. Winners will have to bring their I.C./Passport with them when collecting their prizes.
- Prizes may not be exchanged for cash and are not transferable to another person and/or party.
- Yes World reserves the right to use contestant particulars, entries and pictures for promotional purposes.
- All personal details obtained are meant for identification purposes and will not be sold or given to any third parties.
- By taking part in the contest, contestants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.